Remote work has very quickly become the norm in our day to day operations, and while it is a good alternative to in-office work it can take a toll on your business. We will point out 4 reasons why it is important to organize virtual events with your employees, and show you how you can do it.
- Boost Morale.
Throughout the pandemic many people have been forced to work from home with no other alternative. This situation can create feelings of helplessness and can be damaging to one’s mental state, as well as overallteam morale. It is vital that as a manager or employer, you show your team that you care about their well-being and that you are willing to offer a moment of fun and relaxation to them during these difficult times. If you boost morale you will also boost productivity.
- Reduce Loneliness.
According to Julianne Holt-Lunstad, PhD , loneliness can be as damaging to the human body as smoking up to 15 cigarettes a day. Thankfully though, loneliness can be combated by you as a team leader. By organizing an online event for your team you will be able to bring back the feeling of camaraderie that they have been missing out on and help create a connection between team members that they couldn’t get otherwise.
Hosting a virtual activity could be the perfect opportunity to meet and interact with new people within your business, helping to establish rapport and grow team members’ networks. Giving employees a chance to interact and have fun with others outside of their direct team can create a more cohesive work environment and company identity.
- Escape the Routine.
By organizing a virtual tour for your team you will be providing them with a valuable and much-needed escape from their day to day routine. Virtual tours allow you to travel to amazing locations and experience new cultures together as a team. Not only will this show your team that you care about their well-being, but it will also create a wonderful shared experience that will be appreciated by everyone who needs to scratch that travel itch.
Where to Travel?
Globetrotter VR offers a selection of tours that will take you to many unique locations, all with their own theme.
- The Secrets of Barcelona – Travel to the sunny city of Barcelona and uncover its mysterious side. Explore the lesser-known places and stories of the Catalonian capital.
- Budapest Through the Ages – Travel back in time and learn about the complex and multi-cultural history of Budapest, and its vital role throughout the ages.
- The Pearls of Dubai – experience the amazing sights, smells and tastes of Dubai as we take you through the historical district and discover how pearl diving and trade played into the development of this world-class city.
- Berlin: The World’s First LGBTIQ Capital – this tour explores not only the places that are now home to the city’s LGBTIQ community, but those that shaped its history and remain significant in its story today.
- The Harry Potter tour of Edinburgh: Follow the footsteps of the remarkable muggle J.K. Rowling, as we explore some of the locations that are thought to have inspired the Harry Potter books.
How to Travel?
Globetrotter VR offers 2 ways in which you can start travelling with your team:
LIVE GUIDED TOUR: Join one of our live guided tours. Here your team will have a private guided virtual tour, direct and real-time communication with other team members and our guide, as well as the opportunity to ask questions and discover more.
DO-IT-YOURSELF: Our On-demand tours will give you access to the virtual experience that you are free to explore at your own time and pace. This is a great perk for individuals with tight schedules.
Does a virtual trip sound like an exciting opportunity to bring your team together? Book a demo to see if it’s the right activity for your team.